Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Tag, You're It

I've signed on to delicious.com and had a look around just long enough to know that if I was becoming a teacher-librarian I'd find it invaluable. However, I'm not intending in going in that direction and would rather concentrate my intention on things that strike me as more useful in a public library setting. On top of that, my case study is on tagging so I'll be getting plenty of info there on social tagging.

I will mention that I have read some good things on QR codes. UTS is doing amazing things with them around their library that also impart basic information literacy skills. In fact UTS is doing some amazing things in general at their library. The OPAC has a tag cloud that I like to use when I go there for resources. I find it helps refine my searches when I'm casting a wide net. Below is just a few of the articles I've read on what UTS is doing over at their library. I was reading them for mobile technologies but they might be useful for this subject too.


McDonald, S. (2012). There's a librarian in my pocket: Mobile information literacy at UTS library. In M. Ally, & G. Needham (Eds.), M-libraries 3: Tranforming libraries with mobile technology (pp. 93-100). London: Facet Publishing.
McDonald, S., & Tiffen, P. (2009). UTS library gets social: Using social media to connect with users. inCite, 30(9), 15.


No comments:

Post a Comment