Search This Blog

Monday 18 March 2013

Cleverness at 140 Characters or Less

The meta nightmares that blogging about blogging would cause me are not worth the effort so today I am going to concentrate on micro-blogging. Too much struck me today to get to everything so I am informally announcing this as my (pause for dramatic effect) ... BIG ASS 3! Not to rob my faithful audience of next to nobody (page views don't lie) but the BIG ASS 3 status of this topic means that the glimmering gold of it all will be in another assessment with another pithy micro-blog related title like Tweet Tweet or @SometingOrOther or #SomethingOrOther (the cleverness will come in time).

Some thoughts on the readings:

  • I never considered internal micro-blogging. To me it was always a way to reach out of the library walls.
  • I was a teacher and I had no idea that the NSW Department of Education and Communities had this available (not that I would have actively participated). This is not the first time I've been left out of the loop but it is hard to hear that you didn't even know that the loop existed.
  • Does each interoffice tweet have to have a cover sheet to keep up with the pointless bureaucracy of office work?

(Love the Lumbergh!)

So, since all the best will be saved for later, written with some academic skill and supported by more than my own insane ramblings, what do today's readers get? The answer is questions.

Think about this:

  • What if you are the 1 in 20 in a company of 20? Will it all just fade away when you realise that you are the only one actively engaged?
  • How do you as a lone beautiful unique snowflake cause (what I have labelled and trademarked) "The Social Media Snowball Effect" that sees everyone either wrapped up with you growing the ball that careens ever forward crushing all resistance in your path?
  • And finally, why are all my metaphors so violent?

I intend to find some literature to answer the first two questions before my next post but the third I will leave up to you dear reader though it will likely have something to do with heavy metal and violent video games.


No comments:

Post a Comment